Returns & Refunds
What is your return policy?
- Requests for returns must be made within 48 hours of delivery confirmation of your order.
- Items must be in new, unused, unworn, unwashed condition. Note: items altered by stains, perfume, cigarette smoke, body odor, animal scent/hair will not be accepted as they cannot be resold.
- Items were not purchased using a promotional code (New customer codes ok!)
- Items must be modern (all vintage items are considered final sale)
- Our Return Merchandise Authorization (RMA) Form must be included in your return (which we will e-mail to you to fill out when/if your order is approved)
- Your return must be postmarked within 5 Business Days of receiving your RMA Form to avoid a 15% restock fee.
- Returns are for store credit only. We do not issue refunds.
All VINTAGE items are considered Final Sale.
How to request a return of an item:
Within 48 Hours of receiving your order, e-mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org to request a return of an item with SUBJECT line "Attn: Return Request". We answer emails in order of receiving them--we thank you in advance for your patience as we get to yours!
Your request email should include:
1. Your Name (that you placed the order with)
2. Your Order Number
3. What you are returning and reason for return, detailed reasons are really helpful for us!
- With your constructive feedback, we can better assist our customers by writing more inclusive fit notes in our product descriptions, as well as our Buying Team making better purchasing decisions in the future.
Example reason: "I'd like to return this top because it's too short on me on the torso and I have a longer torso. I don't like showing my midriff, but maybe if it had adjustable straps I could make it longer"
EXCHANGES *As of July 1, 2019* We no longer hold items for exchanges due to high risk of sellout and popularity of our modern clothing. If you need another size/color, we suggest placing a new order for the size/color you want and sending back the undesired size/color which will be treated as a return (for store credit or a refund - please note shipping fees cannot be refunded)
Return Request Approval
We will send you our RMA (Return Merchandise Authorization) form which must be printed, filled out, and included in your return parcel.
Your return must include this RMA (Return Merchandise Authorization) form. We will not accept/process returns without the enclosed return merchandise authorization form.
Once your return is processed, we will send you instructions on how to use your Store Credit!
Store Credit can be used on any item(s) in the shop.
Note that only one code at a time can be used at checkout. Unfortunately Shopify does not allow stacking codes.
Store Credit can not be applied retroactively / after you've placed your order.
Unused store credit codes will be deactivated 1 Year from Date of Issue. A 10% reactivation fee will be applied past the 365 days.
Store credit codes do not apply to shipping fees.
If you do not use all your store credit all in one go, don't worry, we will create a new code with your balance! We are also happy to combine store credits for you, just let us know!
*NOTE* - When using your store credit, if your cart total after your code is applied falls below $100, your order will not qualify for Free Shipping as it is based on the total in your cart when/if any codes are applied (this also applies to promotional codes).
Is there anything I can't return?
The following cannot be returned and are considered Final Sale:
- All jewelry, hair accessories, handbags, scarves, hats, lingerie, underpinnings, swimwear, body suits (leotards), SALE items, and items marked AS-IS
- Items purchased with a Promotional Code or purchased during a Sale/Promotional period. First-purchase discount codes are ok!
*Please note that shoes returned that have signs of wear on the sole of the shoes are subject to a 15% restock fee.
Return Shipping Fees
Buyer is responsible for all return shipping fees. We are not responsible for lost, stolen, missing, or misdelivered parcels. It is Buyer's responsibility to get tracking information for return shipments.
- *As of 7/1/2019* We no longer charge a 10% restock fee for returns issued as store credit
- Return must be postmarked within 5 Days of receiving your RMA form to avoid a 15% restock fee.
We carefully inspect each garment before we sell it in our shop, however on the off chance you do receive a defective item, please take a picture of it and send it to us within 48 hours of receiving your order. If the item is deemed defective, it may be returned for store credit and must be sent back within 5 days of return approval.
***Note: Normal wear and tear is considered damage and not defective, including but not limited to trying on garments that are too small therefore damaging/straining garment seams, stains from makeup, and tears from trying on will not be accepted as they cannot be resold. Our garments go through a rigorous inspection when we receive them from our vendors (we check every single piece for flaws!) before we even photograph and prep it for sale.
Items that are sent back to us in damaged condition are subject to a minimum 50% restock fee.
On the odd chance that a refund is required action for a situation, note that refunds will be processed back onto the original form of payment(s). For example, for orders that were purchased partially with store credit, customer would be refunded in partial monetary and store credit values. Refunds may be issued in an exchange only for the same product but exchanged for a different color or size.
I purchased something from your retail location inside URBANITE, can I return or exchange it?
Unfortunately all transactions at our retail location inside Urbanite must abide by Urbanite's store and company policies as all sales are run and recorded through their own payment and POS system and are separate from online sales through our website.
If a purchase was made at Urbanite, please contact Urbanite via e-mail or phone and they will be happy to assist you.
Can I cancel my purchase?
So sorry, but we do not accept cancellations on orders.